Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Easy Term & Change Continues

The first two weeks of the term are completed and they are going well.  I've had to drop back to 11 credits, but I picked some pretty easy classes (for me), because I can't handle the stress.

This term I am taking:

C++ Programming
Business Ethics
Finance

So only three classes, and I can probably do those in my sleep, so even though I'm working I might have a little more free time.  This came in handy recently, when I developed bursitis in my hip and was laid up for two weeks.  I received a Cortisone shot this past Monday and went back to work on Friday.

My return to work was just what I needed.  I was told all day how much I was missed.  I even got a bit of a promotion and will, likely, receive a permanent position and raise in short order.  I felt so great afterwards, I don't think I've come down yet. 

Another thing that has happened is that the friend that I had staying with me, and was helping out around here, had to move out of town, so I am now handling stuff on my own.  This has been good in one respect.  I am no longer the horrible housekeeper mentioned in a previous post.  I think I have things organized enough to keep them that way.  The boys' room is the only disaster area, but I can close the door on that.

So it seems the negative changes that have occurred recently have actually had positive consequences.  Who would've thought??

0 comments:

Post a Comment