Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Grad Aftermath & Summer Term

I got some back story information about what happened on graduation night.  As I suspected, the individual in question decided that she wanted to make that night all about her (she even told a mutual friend as much), and made excuse after excuse for everything.  I now know that she knows how upset I was, but obviously does not care.  I have gotten no phone calls, text messages, or even a Facebook message.  An apology is a reach, I know (she doesn't think she did anything wrong), but an acknowledgement of my pain would be appreciated.  It is obvious that this isn't going to happen.  As painful as it is, this is a friendship that I am going to have to end.  That is very difficult for me, because, as an overachiever, I don't give up on anything.  I dearly love this person, but I really don't have a choice.  My feelings obviously mean nothing to them, and I do not think a healthy friendship can exist in that type of environment.  I may be wrong and would appreciate any feedback/advice any of you have on this.

Now, because this can't rule my existence, I am starting to look forward to Summer term, which starts on Monday.  I'm pretty excited about the SQL class, because I've been wanting to learn it for over a decade.  Plus, the History classes are going to be awesome.  Below is a list of courses I am taking.  Even though I have graduated, I will still be taking classes at Clackamas, because OIT doesn't offer much in this area.

CCC
History of the United States
The Great Depression and New Deal
Microeconomics
Statistics II (This is a late starting class which begins in August)

OIT
Relational Database Design I (SQL class)
Document Development
Finite Math and Calculus I

So that's it, just 7 classes, and only 6 at one time.  They are accelerated classes, however, and only last 8 weeks, so there will be a bit more work, but these classes will be much more enjoyable.  Hopefully, the situation mentioned above will be resolved also, which will make things much less stressfull.

Here's to a..

Great SUMMER Term!

0 comments:

Post a Comment